Saturday, April 25, 2015

Happy Saturday crafty friends.  Today is my day to post on the Digi Playground blog and I'm going to show you how I created this awesome treat box by Jennifer Wambach and a print and cut file from Samantha Walker.



This is my first ever tutorial so bear with me!  There are lots of pictures!

When it comes to chocolate...the bigger for me, the better!  So I wanted to make this box as large as I could.  I resized the bottom portion of the box first and was able to go up to 165%. Then I did the same thing with the top portion. 



Next, to create the opening I just drew a rectangle to the size of the opening that I wanted  and grouped it together with the rest of the file.



This is what it looked like when I cut it.


I use this clear film I get in the art section of hobby lobby to make my window.  You can also use sheet protectors you can find at your office supply store, Walmart, Target, etc.


 Now you are ready to do the print and cut. I opened the  Chocolate is the answer file and resized it so that it would fit within the opening I created.


Now, if you've never done a print and cut...you don't know what you are missing!  These types of files make it so quick and easy to whip of a quick project, gift, card, etc!  First you need to choose the right page size for your printer.  I have both a large format 12x12 printer and a standard 8.5x11 printer.  I actually like the print quality of my regular printer.  I have an Epson Workforce 630 and I highly recommend it!!  


Next, you need to make sure you click in the show registration marks box.  This will put the marks on your print out so that your cameo will know where to cut.  You can also put more than one image on your paper to cut so you don't waste any paper...but for the purposes of this tutorial I am just putting the one image.  On this image you can see the red outline....this line will not print...but this will be where the cut will be made so you will have a nice border around your quote.


Next, you want to click on the printer icon and then choose your options.  I always pick best photo and premium presentation paper matte.



You can use whatever cardstock you wish, but I find that this cardstock I get right in the office supply section at Walmart works best in my printer.


After you print out your design you are going to want to mount it on your cutting mat like this, with the upper left corner of the paper aligned with the upper left side grid marks.


Next you will want to cut the image.  Choose the skip printing option, continue and then detect registration marks automatically.  Your cutting mat will feed into your machine and read the registration marks.  




 This is what you will end up with!



 Now you are ready to put your box together and fill it with some chocolaty goodness!





I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!  Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. I seriously LOVE this! TOO cute and fun!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute chocolate box! Great tutorial Debbie and I am with you...pnc is the way to go at times and SO easy to use! I am sure a lot will benefit from your awesome tutorial and be inspired to give it a try! They don't know what they are missing :)
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete