Saturday, March 15, 2014

Luck of the Irish Blog Hop


irishbloghop2014
Are you looking for a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Well, you’re in luck being at this blog hop!! We’ve got great projects from very creative designers today! So if you started at Janet's Creative World, then you’re in the right place. If not, please make sure you stop at all the blogs and leave a comment. Janet is giving away a Close To My Heart Cloud Nine Cardmaking kit valued at $45.00. Now there’s some gold you’ll want to have a chance on!
DSC04246
How’s that for blog candy?? 

Without further ado.. here’s my project:


This cute Shamrock card came from SVG Cutting Files.  Normally you need to resize these to 80% for them to cut at the appropriate size.  I forgot to do that this time around...but I used my precious and expensive Bo Bunny polka dot paper so I was not going to let this go to waste!!!  I made it work!

 The nuggets didn't fit quite as snug as they should...but it was fine..and as a bonus it fit 6 nuggets instead of 5!!  That was really the only difference.  I also put a sheet of clear acetate in the opening so the nuggets wouldn't fall out.


The cute St. Patrick's Day sentiment came from Jaded Blossom...but it was special free set with a purchase of a release bundle!!!! Sorry to say you can't buy this separately!!!  They have freebies like this all the time...so go check them out!!

Recipe

Now do an Irish jig to the next blog: Lori ~ http://scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com/
Here’s the line-up should you get distracted by other Leprechaun trying to trick you! Thanks for joining us today and be sure to wear green March 17th so you don’t get pinched!!
Line-up
 Janet Royer- http://janetscreativeworld.blogspot.com/

Thanks for hopping by!!!

19 comments:

  1. room for my nuggets?? That's perfect for us chocoholics!!Thanks for joining me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! one more nugget is NOT a bad thing! great job at "making it work", isn't that what crafting is all about, nothing ever turns out exactly as we envision but it doesn't mean it isn't GREAT! I will take it! your did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous treat for one lucky person.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness your St. Patty's day projects turned out great and love that paper I had to laugh when you mentioned about the yiikes of it all with your expensive paper I know 'cause been there done that but girl you made it work out and everything turned out fantastic. You really are one talented gal so kudos to you!! Thanks for telling your story and keepin' it real. (LOL) OH YES so am lovin' the blog candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your treat box! So adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun treat box, love it! so glad you were able to save it and make it work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, perfect paper to use!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - one more candy treat it a good thing - such beautiful paper! Nice to be hopping with you today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doesn't it always seem that we mess up only when using our most favorite papers?!?!! This turned out wonderful though - sometimes bigger IS better :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the polka dot paper. The shamrocks look so pretty. the treat box is a fun addition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your choice of papers! Who would not love EXTRA chocolate?? I've always wanted to make one of these treat boxes, I might have to make one for my hubby or kids as they all love chocolate. It was fun passing you while we we're doing the jig, I'm a new follower. =)

    ~Beth
    http://thecraftyscrapyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute candy box - I love the polka dot paper.
    .
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. How very pretty! Oh my goodness - I love the shape of this one and those shamrocks are so cute. Best of all...an extra nugget - YUMMY! This is just darling Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a wonderful project!! I can see why you were hoarding that magnificent paper.....it is lovely. And what nice work you made despite your slight oversizing.......an extra nugget for the lucky recipient! Now that IS the luck of the Irish!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute. I like the wrapped candy and the polka dot paper.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your candy project - soo cute.

    ReplyDelete